Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kim Sing Theater

My inaugural post to this blog pertained to the views of City Hall, and the Kim Sing Theater was mentioned.  It is one of those buildings that escaped demolition owing to a historic building preservation code in place.  Down the street though, at Figueroa and Sunset, more than one structure fell victim to the mammoth footprint of the residential structures of the Orsini development in recent years.


I have personal memories of the theater, and I was curious to learn what others remember.  Visit the Kim Sing Theater & L.A.'s Chinatown page above to read the stories.



These photos were taken in 2002, at which time the interiors were already being worked on.
(Click on the image to zoom in)


1 comment:

  1. Betty,

    Tonight read your first post about the Kim Sing Theater.

    I saw the place every day from 1980-1988, because I worked across the street at Evans Community Adult School.

    And I saw it every day since 1988 as I drove onto the Pasadena Freeway.

    Yak at you soon. I will try to jog my memory about the theater and what I saw in 1980-1988. Who would have thunk....

    ReplyDelete